At UIP we value your privacy and we only request personal data which is necessary for the performance of our work. We seek to keep you informed about the way we use your personal data, as well as your rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the laws of Belgium.
We only collect and process the minimum necessary personal data to enable us to provide you relevant information or answers and keep track of correspondence in accordance with our general mission. Most of such personal data you provide to UIP directly, such as when you register for an event UIP organises or give your business card to one of our employees. Sometimes UIP also obtains such minimum necessary personal data from third parties such as your employer or your colleagues or publicly available sources.
UIP does not use your personal data for any commercial purposes and does not transfer these personal data to third parties for any other purpose without your explicit consent.
Are you a data subject?
UIP will only collect and process your personal data if you belong to one of the following groups of individuals:
- representatives of UIP members;
- experts from companies’ members of national associations;
- participants to UIP events;
- staff and officials of the institutions and authorities of the European Union and its Member States or from international organisations;
- representatives and staff from transport associations and other representative bodies;
- UIP contacts and other people UIP and its staff has a relationship with or may need to contact (such as suppliers, agents, partners, consultants) as well as job applicants.
What type of personal data do we collect?
We collect basic contact information about all individuals with whom we interact, such as your name, title, position, company name, address (incl. city, country, zip code), phone number, email address. Depending on your interactions with UIP, the personal data UIP further collects and uses may include:
- the content of your email communications sent to UIP.
- By registering for participation to the events and activities organised by UIP, you agree that some minimum personal data necessary for your participation at UIP events will be collected and processed by UIP for the purpose of the facilitation of your participation to such event or activity. Third parties that are hosting or co-organising these events may also be provided access to these personal data. Additionally, your contact information will be used by UIP in order to provide you with updates on similar events in the future.
- Your image may be captured as part of photo and video material produced an event organised by UIP
- If you attend an event organised by UIP, we may ask you to provide information on your allergies and dietary constraints.
- UIP may collect your professional information, such as the company you represent and your function. If you respond to a UIP job opening, UIP also may collect information on your previous work experience and education, as well as other information provided in your job application.
How do we collect your personal data?
We collect your personal information as part of our activities as representative body, via membership relationships, or when you provide it to us, or interact with us directly, for instance engaging with our staff, at events or registering to our events, workshops or public affairs activities.
We may collect or receive information about you from other sources, such as keeping the contact details we already hold for you accurate and up to date using publicly available sources.
How do we process your personal data?
UIP collect and process your personal data for the following purposes:
- For general membership administration: UIP processes personal data of relevant employees and representatives of the UIP members for the purpose of administering the membership, organising General Assemblies and managing Committee meetings
- For organising meetings and working groups: UIP processes personal data of the data subjects for the purpose of organising meetings and working groups;
- For public relations purposes: UIP processes personal data of the data subjects for the purposes of carrying out its advocacy and technical activities;
- For targeted communication purposes: UIP processes personal data of the data subjects to communicate on the topics related to UIP advocacy and technical work, to share publications and invitations to UIP’s activities and events;
- For organising events: UIP processes personal data of individuals that participate in the events organised by UIP for the purpose of managing such events and in some cases gathering subsequent feedback or other input;
- For press purposes: UIP processes personal data of individuals working as journalists or in related areas to disseminate press materials;
- For recruitment purposes: UIP processes personal data of individuals who respond to UIP job openings to process and follow up on job applications.
How do we protect your data?
What are your rights with regards to your data ?
- You can object to the processing of your data and you can request to receive your personal data in a portable format. In case this may incur expenses to UIP you may be requested a compensation;
- In case your contact with UIP did not sufficiently address your request, you may further contact the relevant Data Protection Authority. As UIP are legal entities based in Belgium, they operate under the remit of the Belgian Data Privacy Commission.